Thursday, August 17, 2006

Birth-Daysss years ago

Previous years at this time, i was super duper excited counting down on my birthdays already. I used to looking forward to tons of bday wishes and pressies and cards and bday cakes. but not this year. Was it because i am old d? nah..i m only 21years old come on. HOW COME? i dunno y. Just now dinner time i told my friends, next monday, after the whole stretch of exams, i m going to watch the korean drama series MY GIRL full epi the whole day before i have to then glued to my desk for the last paper which due another week, simply without realising that, hey, it'll be my bday that day. see...told ya, i dun have the mood at all and it's my 21st bday!!!!! such an important bday where i fully turned to an adult!!!! oh gosh :(:(

My 12years old bday flashed back into my mind. I can vividly still remember that year, after my bday party which was thrown by my mummy at A&W, 11:55pm ( u wont be expecting a standard 5 kids to lepak until this late rite?), at that time, i was already in my pyjamus on my bed back in my home town, looking at the clock in my room, was so excited the time it stroke 12am. That moment i indeed bid farewell to my childhood, telling myself, ok Laine, u r a teenager now, no more childish mummy-daddy lil girl k.

Then was my 18th birthday. I was fooled by subang gang. August 21, 2003 midnite, Siew Fang, Chuang and i were cuddling on our bed in our comfy lil rented room in Subang, we were chatting the whole night. I told them abt my life n stuff, u know, at time like that, u tend to became really emotional. It was indeed a pieceful yet meaningful bday midnite to have such nice roomies for life around. The next day was our 1st day of exam break or something. Fang, Chuang and Sze Lay were to catch the train that nite back to KB and i were to catch the air-asia that nite to Penang. After college, they acted like nothing and packed their stuff telling me that they r leaving early to shop at KLCC. Leaving me behind all alone in the room. I taught i was going to be alraight at that time n bid them goodbye with a smelling face. After the farewell, i went up to my bed trying to have some nap. I couldnt sleep at all, turning round on my bed and the next thing i did was, i cried, feeling ever so lonely and sweared my friends 9 6 9 6 for leaving me behind on MY day. Hey, MY day, u know? Then, Abby's sms came, asking me to teman her to Subang Parade to buy some stuff. I was like, what the hell, it is my bday n u asked me to walk so far under the hot sun to teman u buy stuff? but ok nvm, since i couldnt sleep so i said yes. On the way, we met Horng Chin n Jin ( which were a couple at that time ), Jin told me they are going to Subang Parade to buy Chin's shampoo, i was Ah i see without having a second tought of why is it such a coincidence? and as if Herbs and Foods dun sell a bottle of shampoo? So there goes the four of us heading to Subang Parade then. dunno whether the 2 crimemates deliberately walked pass Starbucks or not, i heard Birthday song. I turn round n there i saw, my lovely friends with a nice bday cake on the table and pressies all over. I was so surprise with oh-u-guys-are-so-sweet-smile. Fang remembered i mentioned that having to celebrate bday in starbucks without too many ppl, only some close friends are simply perfect for a bday. I was so touched that moment that i almost cried. felt so sorry for the swears i made for them ( shhhHH...they didnt know abt this even after 4years now =) U know, that kind of feeling were u were so deeply down depressed n suddenly u were lifted high on the sky, like a roller-coaster. So, I celebrated the bday with YeeJin which turned 18 the next day and we spent our quality time there the whole evening talking non stop. That night, bro came to fetch me to the airport and we had my bday dinner together and he was saying how fast the time has passed by n her lil sister was 18 years old already with a boy friend then. I assured him that i will always still be the lil sis no matter what. So that night, my flight to Pg was delayed so when i finally reached his place, 12am passed but anyway, i received my 1st bouquet of flowers in my life that night. Happy!

Then came my last year's bday which was a super memorable one too..been celebrating the bday for 3 days in a row with the August22 bday babies. On the weekend, which was a saturday, Junqi and Aun celebrated for Me, Luvin and TVgirl, we went to Melaka. The moment where 3 of us made our bday wishes together simply so wonderfully amazing. It was like, OH YES!!WE FINALLY MADE IT NEH NEH NEH NEH NEH!!!! Since all these years, we have been wanted to celebrate our day TOGETHER but no chance. I drew a big butterfly temporary tattoo on my cleavage for the day. n i did feel so sexy myself. haha. Then the next nite, 21th midnight, bro bought a secret recipi cake for me and sis ( another august22 baby ) and we cut our cake. I was telling my sis that it had been 10 years plus since we last cut our cake together n they were laughing n saying that i was far too much exagerated since i was only 20years old, like i was so old to have a 10years plus so easily meh. I felt like kicking their ass. So, i called mom to reconfirm. Jang-jang!!! after mom counted and she said the possibility was there since CICI went down to KL and then Australia years while i was still doing my secondary years then she went back to kelantan n work while i went down to KL and study and stuff like that. So i Uuu-laaaa-ed and Buuuuuu-ed them. The next day, which was my real bday, i went redbox with my current housemates. another bday cake for me and jia and Sia drew a bday card. it was years since i got a hand-drewed one haha..That night, Chuo Ming brought 3 of us for fine dining... ate so much till i had to unbotton my jeans. felt guity yet satisfied.

So what abt this year's? I dunno.. and i dont feel like knowing either. i seriously dun mind to spend the whole day watching MY GIRL. hehe...

Happy be-early bday to me..muacks

9 Comments:

Blogger junqi said...

love you laine... hugs.

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MUST watch Mygirl laine.
Yoyoyo LeeJunKi^^

heyy so longgg la ur post...
my eyes nearly popped out reading.
thanks 4 calling, it really warmed my heart.
huggies*

10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

....

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

laine...
we're getting 21.
sounds soooo old.. hahaha...

btw, ya.. MY GIRL is a must watch!
but not for leejunki, ade..
for the other guy.. hahaha...

3 days to 21.
cheer up girl!!

6:33 PM  
Blogger L a I n e said...

Hey ya thanks tvgirl! thanks for all ur cheering-up commentssss from ya. n it indeed lightened me up a little for the day.. well i wished my posts in the future wont sounds so depressing already la..hehe..paiseh...

ya...3days to our 21 but goshh...where the hell is bday mood?! will call ya on the day..muackssss

8:09 PM  
Blogger L a I n e said...

ok galss.... i'll sure watch then tell ya who i watch MY GIRL for ok

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's 22nd today. Happy birthday, dear... stay pretty always. miss you so much.

12:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday to u, happy birthday to u, happy birthday to 'yee ling'.. happy birthday to u !

-M girls -

1:37 AM  
Blogger L a I n e said...

hi sze chia hi M-girls ...thanks a lot a lot..love u all so much. muacksss

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home