Monday, September 18, 2006

!st part of hols- my part-time jobs

So my holiday is only less than a week now.

The 1st part of my holiday i had a few part time jobs. My 1st job was the Robbie William concert. BUT..dun WAOOO me, since i dun get to see robbie even a short glance for the whole concert. I was arranged to work in a kiosk at the very top and very back row of the stadium while robbie's stage was on the ground ( like the football court ) and all i can see was the teenagers butt. I never been so familiar with robbie william before. I just came accross a few very famous songs of his like-- Be A Better Man, Rock DJ and My Angel. I knew he is good but i never know he is THIIIIIIIIIS good. Especially when u get to listen to his live concert. It is so iMpressive. He moves the crowd like moving kacang putih. The ang moh kao were jumping ups and downs dancing right and left when he sang the rock songs and when comes to his sentimental songs, everybody listened attentively. The ang moh kao made up a very good crowd. They were all so anticipated. I only been to SHE and Jay's concert back in Malaysia and their crowd were just imcompatible compared to Robbie's. Espesially when he sang my angel. my heart did melts. oh my! i m gonna love his songs from now. I quite enjoy that job. It is easy plus i got to listen to good songs.

My second job was the worst of all. I served a buffet dinner in a Science centre. Imagine i worked for 5-11pm and there's no break AT ALL n let alone, dinner. But lucky me to be arranged to the group which lenggang the most while the others have got to carry heavy plates n cuttery and stuff. I was introduced to Eric from Polland. He stood just next to me in the table. oh my! he is such a gentlemen so he looked like David Beckham to me. Hehe. We talked a lot and i got to know Polland more. ^There are many Pollish who came to UK and work. Like poor Eric, he has got a degree in IT but they cant find jobs in their home country so they have to come to UK and work like cow and horse. I was told that even the master holders cant get a job there. So, when the buffet was served, we scooped the food for the guess. i was arranged to serve Chicken Korma. it is something like curry in Malaysia. I was lucky as it is easy to introduce when the guess ask. i just told them it's a chicken and the curry is made from spice. But I so want to answer " what the hell, how i know, i din even taste a single piece of them ok? " Poor Eric, he has got to serve Haggis, a food made by everything in the stomach of the sheep, it is a traditional scottish food. he has to explain the dish to almost every guess there who came from outside UK. Well, for the whole night my chicken looked ever-so-tempting to me. Towards the end of the buffet was the worse part of the job. we gotto pour everything left-over into the bin. In the end, all the food looks so yucky to us all. arhhhH...i used to love mom's trifle ( a kind of dessert which was made by the swissrow and custard and canned fruit ) at home but after that night, i guess i will never want to have it anymore. yucksss.

So, here comes my third job. it is a two full days job. We served at an international convention of new drugs. so, all the terms was so familiar to us. There are ppl from all over the world. HAHA guess what, a doctor of University Science Malaysia from Kubang Kerian was invited!! ( attention : Kee Yang, please read kubang kerian, KOTA BHARU, KELANTAN not penang, muahaha ) I was so excited and felt so proud of my future job place. hheeh. Well, although i worked for average 8hours, i didnt feel tired at all. I hang around with new friends whom i knew there. In the morning, we served coffee or tea, lunch time we served buffet, after their lunch buffet, we had our half an hour lunch break, or Tea break i could say coz it is normally about 4pm already. We got to eat the left overs well i dun mind that for they handled the food in clean and proper way plus the food was made from the high-class chef worrr...they tasted so good especially the desserts. AWWWWWWW *sliver dropping * We then helped up in setting up for the next day. I got to know a girl from china, Judy. Through the chats with her, i knew she is from a wheathy family. She has even got a sister back in china, for only the rich and powerful ones can have 2 children in the family. But poor Judy, no doubt her family is rich and she is just like a homeless child. Since she is the bao-bei of the family, her mom so wants to find a man to ru4 zui4 into their family. So everytime she is home, her mom arranged all sorts of dates for her, and amazingly her mom did managed to find uncountable men whom are orphans and willing to marry into their family in no time. So in the end, she is so fed-up and now, this is already the 4th year since she last went home. Her mom was so crossed that she cut up all her allowance but lucky her to still have an open-minded dad to secretly bank in money to support her here. Her dad seems to let her choose her own marriage but just not japanese will do.

So, what i have got for my job experience is, if possible, bring ur own cuttery when u go for dinner. No matter how classy the fine dining place looks and how shiny the cuttery looks. i have got the chance to go into the room where the fox and spoons were cleaned. oh my, u will be shock when u see it. The dirty ones were all dumped into a basket that goes through the dish-washer and when it comes out, there are still debrees sticking here and there on them. what they do is they just use the cloth to polish them to make them looked so clean and shiny. And worse case scenario was that once, they need cleaned plates too urgenly that what they did was just using a big tong of warm water and dipped them for a few seconds then wiped them up and there u go. yucks.

Another point i have got was, please finish up all ur food when u go for buffet. The cleaning up of the left over was so yucky. Especially for the hungry staff whom dun get to eat them and cant stand the waste.

hehe..overall, my job was not bad, especially when i have got my money deposited into my bank. i worked for average 8 hours for that 4 days and i got 5++ pounds per hour. so it's 8 x 4 x 5= 160pounds x 7 = RM1142. HAHA! i guess it is already half a month gaji of most Malaysian workers. i m so satisfied. YAAY!

10 Comments:

Blogger Lay Ming said...

Wowww Laine, look like your part-time job is quite fun horr? Too bad, my manager is not as generous as yours, she is the super kupik-est manager in the world. Although there is a buffet held in our restaurant, we are not allowed to eat the left-overed food.!!! And the paid is so so low compared to yours.

Anyway, how's your Europe trip? Must be enjoyed a lot, esp when all the exams and tests is overed.!

I am going to Glasgow on the 29th Sept, are you around? I'll just stay over for a night, will ring you when I reach Cardiff ya. I'm going back nx week (25th). See you. Miss you!

1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waaahhhhhhhhhh...
laine...
your part time job sounds soo fun....
can know leng chai summore..
hehehehe....

11:34 PM  
Blogger L a I n e said...

Hey silly lay ming! always say wanna call me when u r in glasgow BUT IN THE END??????? URGHHH!! hope u do call me this time around k. eh u wanna come n stay over my place? let's have pillow talk!! i'll be free at that time coz my semester has just started plus my autumn semester is not so busy. how come u r in glasgow for a night only? ur che che is still here? there's a direct flight from glasgow-cardiff. haha..will go cardiff one day ya. what abt our BATH trip?
Yes tvgirl, i love my part time jobs here..i see many things. well, there r bad things as well, i met some, especially glasgow young girls that are anti-foreigners. but think abt it, we do the same when we r back in our home country rite. so that's point.

12:50 AM  
Blogger Lay Ming said...

Heh Laine, sorry lorr, last time I'd called you nahh when I'm in the Glasgow, but you were so busy with your test nahh. :p

My sister came back to Malaysia already, but I have to go to Glasgow again to pick up her stuffs, which she couldn't bring back and so left over for me.

Yeah, BMI Baby got direct flight from Cardiff to Glasgow, nx time can consider a few days trip to Cardiff ya. Me and Lit and Ooi will be staying in a same house, so we can have a small gathering then. :P

About yout BATH TRIP lerr, we decide it again when you visit us in Cardiff nahh, haha..!

I might stay overnight at your place, can ahh?? I'm going there with Ooi eh, you got any extra space for him to sleep? haha ...

Don't worry gurl, I will call you when I'm back to Cardiff ya..! See you soon..

3:08 PM  
Blogger L a I n e said...

Sure both of u noh-ang-boh can come n sleep at my place. no need to spend the hostel money la. i can give u my room then i go n sleep with my housemate no problem since we have many duvet and pillows also. :):) About my cardiff trip, i'll wait for Adelene to go together ya. hehe.

2:19 AM  
Blogger Yuni Wee said...

wei..y u never change..ur look just similar like ten years before...hahaha..cute and little elaine..i keep on laughing when reading ur blog.look at ur pictures..Rich gal,can share ur money arr?i here not enough money to spend lar..fast fast..delivery of money..hahah

5:14 PM  
Blogger junqi said...

WOW !!!!!!!

WOW WOW WOW !!!!!

W O W LAINE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wou wou wou,.... what else can i say?......



ming, let ooi sleep with laine, u sleep bathroom. how bout tat?

7:44 PM  
Blogger L a I n e said...

Hi look the cousins are here! hehe

ah Yu Ni dear! my laugh out loud partner!!! eh, look similar like ten years before is a compliment or not leh? UK is a money-eating country so u better dont come. Imagine i pay one stack of photocopy books for 60pounds. It is just photocopies and costs so the hell lot. haihhHH..

Gan Jun Qi, what did u W A O for? hehe.. No, i m very kind one, i will let both of them sleep in the toilet together. haha

12:19 AM  
Blogger Lay Ming said...

heh Gan Jun Qi ... what's wrong with you huh? Don't so bad till want me to sleep toilet ya..! Nx time if I were to go to Seoul, then I will make sure I book a hotel before I go, or else you will ask me to sleep in the toilet, hahaha!!!

See all of you in Cardiff next year summer nahh..!! We will have a small gathering together!! haha!!

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah cardiff Feb07'!

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home